An Open Letter to my Husband : - The Perfectly Imperfect Mama

An Open Letter to my Husband :

by - Monday, February 01, 2016

I'll never forget walking down the aisle toward you on that warm April day.
 
I was told that the church was full but to be honest with you when my eyes met yours, you're the only one I saw. I remember standing up there smiling the whole entire time, so excited that God was giving me such a wonderful husband. Looking back now though, I realize that while not only was God blessing me with a husband, he was blessing me with the man whom my mom had prayed so hard for ever since I was a little girl. A man who could give me exactly what I would need in our marriage ... especially when trials come our way.
 
A Best Friend :
Since we started dating when we were only 14 & 16 years old we basically grew up together. From the time we started talking in 2003 we became friends & as time went on we grew to be best friends. I'm so thankful for that. You are the only one who can tell me when I am in the wrong & it not hurt my feelings. I can be Whitney around you & you've never once judged me. You are so much fun. While we have had our fair share of drama, we believe that any relationship, marriage or friendship should always have more comedy than drama.  You make me laugh, but when I need to cry you hold me. You are the only one who knows every single thing about me & yes, some things may drive you nuts, but you still love me.
 
A Man That Prays :
Many times I have stood outside our children's bedroom door at night & listened to you pray with them & thank God for me. That means the world to me. Did you know that? You thank Him for me & name specific things I do that you're thankful for. 
 
An Encourager :
This past year has been extremely difficult but even through the hurt you're the one constantly telling me that everything is going to be ok. You have a way with words & I'm thankful for that.
 
A Lover :
You love big & your heart is huge.
 
A Protector :
You aren't going to let anyone hurt me.  You will do whatever it takes to protect me & my heart.
 
A Man with a Forgiving Heart :
Never in my life have I met a more forgiving person. Not only toward me & the people that mean the most to you but of people you know you will never get an apology from.  The fact that you are ok with that says so much about you. You, Dan, are so special. You have allowed me to be open & honest with you.  I have poured my heart out to you.  Which is no doubt the reason we have been able to move on from past events.  As bad as you hurt, you held me, we cried & being the man you are told me that we will make it through anything together.
 
 
 
 
Words can't describe how thankful I am for you & your heart, Dan.
 
I love you.
 
 
 
 
 

You May Also Like

0 comments