Friday Favorites :: Favorite Fall Traditions - The Perfectly Imperfect Mama

Friday Favorites :: Favorite Fall Traditions

by - Friday, September 23, 2016

Happy Friday y'all!

Like every Friday, I am linking up with Erika, Narci & Andrea for Friday Favorites :).  And today I am talking all things Fall!
Last year my kiddos & I sat down & made a Fall bucket list
 & we even made one for the Summer, too!  It is something so simple that we have really loved doing together & the things we put on our list are so much fun.  My kiddos love checking the things off after we do them.  And they only ask me 1,748 a day what we are going to check off that day :).

Here we go!

Go to the pumpkin patch . . .
2010
2011
2013
2014
2015

We have been doing this since Coop was born & love it so much.
Carve/Paint pumpkins ::
Some times we carve & sometimes we paint.  Right now my kiddos enjoy painting a lot more than sitting & watching Dan carve a pumpkin but I am sure as they get older they will want to carve!
Have a bonfire & make s'mores . . .
We started doing this last year & it may just be Coop's favorite thing to do.  He LOVES to help Dan build a fire & then roast marshmallows . . . except he never eats them.  He just makes them for everyone else :).
Go to the fair . . .
Oh my heart.  Fun little fact for you . . mine & Dan's very first date [more like hang out because I was only 14] was to the fair .. 13 years ago!  The fair will always hold a special place in my heart!  I wish I had a picture of us from back then but evidently no one took pictures with the little flip phones & we didn't take a camera with us.  HA!
Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade . . .
Ok, ok ... yes I decorate my house for Christmas the first of November even though it is still Fall.  But we do love watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year.  I've been doing this since I was a little girl!  We wake up, cook breakfast [ usually cinnamon rolls ] & watch the parade together.

There you have it!
A few of our family's favorite Fall traditions & I look forward to doing them for many, many years.

I would love to hear some traditions you & your family share :).
And be on the lookout for our Fall 2016 bucket list!

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend, friends!





xo






Whitney














You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this! I love seeing all your pumpkin patch pictures throughout the year- I love when it's time to go pick out the perfect pumpkins and carve them :)

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete