What's Up Wednesday - The Perfectly Imperfect Mama

What's Up Wednesday

by - Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Hey Hey Wednesday!
Today I'm linking up with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday.  The last Wednesday of every month we answer these questions . . .
Here we go :).

1.  What we're eating this week . . .

Stew beef Monday night, taco Tuesday last night & one night I will use the left over stew beef to make vegetable soup!

2.  What I'm reminiscing about . . .
This.
Oh my heart! This showed up on my TimeHop yesterday.
I can't believe my girl will be four soon!  FOUR y'all!

3.  What I'm loving . . .
Not super cool yet but I'm loving that the temps keep dropping!
#IseeyouFall

4.  What we've been up to . . .
Lots!  School, dance, golf ...
Oh & climbing trees :).

5.  What I'm dreading . . .
I'm not really dreading anything but I do think October will be a hard month seeing as it was Ruthie Belle's due date.

6.  What I'm working on . . .
We have been painting our living room & foyer.  I am LOVING this color so much!
I can't wait to share the rest with you!

I am currently working on going through all of my baby clothes ... finally.  I'm talking like tubs & tubs of clothes.
The struggle is real over here!

7.  What I'm excited about . . .
Planning Millie Jo's 4th birthday party!  Think all things Snow White!  I LOVE birthdays so I always start planning about 3 months in advance!

8.  What I'm watching/reading . . .
I feel like every blogger who is linking up today will have this show on their blog post but oh my goodness!  Give me all the tissues!
This is SO good!!  And seeing the previews for next week, I think its only going to get better.
I know what I will be watching online starting tonight!

9.  What I'm listening to . . .
I always have my iheartradio app playing!

10.  What I'm wearing . . .
Well, lately I've been wearing paint covered yoga pants & t-shirt.  I could have posted a picture of that but no one wants to see that hot mess :).
I have gotten SO many compliments on this dress that I wore last weekend & just wait until you see the back of it ...
Gorgeous, right!?!
Want to hear something funny?  I found it on the girls rack at the last kids consignment sale I went to.  HA!  Girls size + only $5 ... I call that winning!  I do know it came from Dillard's but is no longer available.
This dress came from Belk last year.
I love the orange for Fall & I wore my brown booties with it.

11.  What I'm doing this weekend . . .
I'm hoping to have a date with my hubby Saturday night but other than that we have no plans!  I think this is the first time in months!


12.  What I'm looking forward to next month . .
Eek! If you saw my post on Friday then you know that we love the fair.  We can't wait to go!
We also have a few more things next month that I'm looking forward to but I will save that for another time!

13.  What else is new . . .
I think I've covered it all!

BONUS QUESTION ::

What is my favorite Fall recipe . . .
Vegetable soup is a must in our house during the Fall.  It's super easy to make, too!

Vegetable soup ::
1lb hamburger meat
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of corn
2 cans of carrots ( I use carrots out of produce section)
1 can of peas
1 can of green beans
2 cans of potatos (I usually peel/cut my potatoes)
Pinch of salt & pepper
2-3 cups of elbow pasta (optional)

Brown hamburger meat/drain.  Add all ingredients together.  [I cook my noodles separate because they tend to soak up all the soup part of it.]  Cook on high for about 30-35 minutes ... reduce heat to medium low for another 30 minutes. 
Fill your bowl & then add some pasta ...
& enjoy!
It is amazing with cornbread, too!

[I usually use hamburger meat but if I cook beef stew, like this week, then I will use the leftovers from that as the meat.]

I also love baking Halloween cookies with my kiddos & decorating them!  No special recipe for those though, just sugar or chocolate chip!



Have a great day, y'all!






xo






Whitney












You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mmmm, vegetable soup is such a good Fall/comfort food! And that dress IS adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dresses!!! So cute, and total win for you!

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete