Show & Tell Tuesday :: Favorite Christmas Tradition or Recipe - The Perfectly Imperfect Mama

Show & Tell Tuesday :: Favorite Christmas Tradition or Recipe

by - Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Happy Tuesday y'all!
Today I'm linking up with Andrea over at the Momfessionals blog for Show & Tell Tuesday.  This week we are sharing our favorite Christmas tradition or favorite Christmas recipe.  Well, I may just be sharing multiple things because when it comes to Christmas, I LOVE it all!  It's hard to pick just one favorite!

Here we go!

Favorite Christmas traditions ::

Seeing Santa!



 
Oh my heart!
Oh I just love this little tradition & will probably make my kiddos sit on Santa's lap for a picture even when they get older & don't want to!

The Elf on the Shelf!
Call me crazy but I love this tradition.
My most favorite part about it is the excitement each morning when my kiddos go look for him!
And our North Pole Breakfast isn't bad either! ;)

Christmas lights!


 
We see the Christmas lights all throughout the month of December but my most favorite night is on December 23rd when we all wear our pjs to go see them!  I mean, who doesn't love wearing their jammies, admiring Christmas lights while drinking hot chocolate & listening to Christmas music!?!

Baking!
Every year we get together with my family & bake.  We have done this for years & I hope we always keep this tradition going!

And speaking of baking ...

Favorite Christmas Recipes

Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies

What you need ::
Peanut Butter cookie dough
1/2 Cup Sugar
Bag of Hershey Kisses

What to do ::
Preheat over to 375
Roll cookie dough in 1 inch balls
Roll each ball in sugar & place on baking sheet
Bake for 10 minutes
Remove from oven & immediately put Hershey kiss in cookie
Let cool & then place in container

Ham & Pickle Rolls
These are incredible!  My maw-maw made these every single Christmas & after she passed away, my sister & I started making them!

What you need ::
1 Pack of Ham [Rectangle cut]
1 Package of Cream Cheese
1 Jar of Pickles
Tinfoil

[My family LOVES these so I always double the recipe]

What to do ::
Lay out 1 slice of ham [I always dry mine off with a paper towel so cream cheese will spread better]
Spread cream cheese on ham
Lay pickle on one end of ham [dry pickle off with paper towel]
Roll pickle up in the ham/cream cheese spread
Wrap in tinfoil

Refrigerate for several hours
Right before serving, remove from tinfoil & slice into small bites


Breakfast Pizza
When I was a little girl we always had this for breakfast on Christmas morning & it is one of my most favorite recipes ever!  This is a tradition I knew I wanted to keep going when I had a family of my own!

What you need ::
(2) Cans of crescent rolls
1 Pound of sausage
6-8 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Milk
Bag of frozen hash browns
4 Cups Mozzarella Cheese

What do to ::
Preheat oven to 400
Brown sausage [Set aside]
Beat eggs in bowl & add milk [Set aside]
Spread crescent rolls out on pan for crust
Evenly spread sausage on crust
Sprinkle hash browns over top of sausage
Pour egg/milk mixture over top [Cover as much as possible]
Top with mozzarella cheese
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese starts to brown

Enjoy! :)

Ok y'all!  That wraps up 2016 Show & Tell Tuesday!

If you've missed any of my previous Show & Tell Tuesday post, you can find them here . . .





xo
































You May Also Like

0 comments